What is it?
We offer introductory and intermediate training that develops knowledge and skills in:
- The psychology of motivation
- Enhancing self-efficacy
- Successful goal-setting
- Working with people who are reluctant to make changes in their lives, or who lack the confidence to make changes
Who is it for?
This training is suitable for anyone who works with others to set behaviour change goals, for example:
- Health promotion and primary prevention, e.g. smoking cessation, physical activity, diet, sexual health, reducing problematic use of alcohol and recreational drugs.
- Self management of chronic health conditions, e.g. promoting adherence to medication, aspects of ‘lifestyle’ change associated with conditions such as asthma and diabetes.
- Rehabilitation, e.g. setting goals for physical activity, specific exercise programmes, promoting appropriate use of aids and supports.
If you have a number of people who want to be trained, we can bring the training to you and tailor the programme to your specific needs. We also run training days on our Coventry campus, for individuals to attend. These too can be tailored to meet the needs of the individuals who sign up.
When is it?
Our next on-campus MI workshop will be 9th April 2014. We will be adding a link to the cu online store for you to book a place soon.
Is it effective?
See some of our training evaluation data here.
If you’d like to contact us about any of these, or to make a suggestion for training you’d like offered, please use the contact form below.