What is it?
We offer introductory training that develops knowledge and skills in:
- The cognitive behavioural model applied to physical health and illness
- Practical skills in cognitive behaviour coaching applied to physical health settings
- The evidence base for cognitive behavioural interventions in physical health settings
Who is it for?
This training is suitable for anyone who works with others to help them manage feelings of depression, anxiety, or other psychological barriers to managing their physical health. This might be in, for example:
- Health promotion and primary prevention, e.g. smoking cessation, physical activity, diet, sexual health, reducing problematic use of alcohol and recreational drugs.
- Self management of chronic health conditions, e.g. promoting adherence to medication, aspects of ‘lifestyle’ change associated with conditions such as asthma and diabetes.
- Rehabilitation, e.g. setting goals for physical activity, specific exercise programmes, promoting appropriate use of aids and supports.
If you have a number of people who want to be trained, we can bring the training to you and tailor the programme to your specific needs. We also run training days on our Coventry campus, for individuals to attend. These too can be tailored to meet the needs of the individuals who sign up.
When is it?
Future dates for workshops will be posted here.
If you’d like to contact us about any of these, or to make a suggestion for training you’d like offered, please use the contact form below.