The general aim of this module is to provide you with a clear understanding of the techniques appropriate to qualitative research in Psychology. This includes developing knowledge and skills in planning, conducting and writing about psychological research at a postgraduate level.
The module also aims to develop a sophisticated awareness of problems, issues and ethics in applied psychological research in general.
The module will provide you with a solid preparation for your dissertation and further research. Moreover, your work will be clearly embedded with the British Psychological Society’s code of ethical conduct.
By the end of this module you should be able to demonstrate to a level of scholarship appropriate to Masters level:
- knowledge and skills in the techniques appropriate to qualitative research in psychology
- knowledge and skills in the application and critical evaluation of qualitative research methods in psychology
- a sound knowledge of the ethics and issues involved in research in psychology
- knowledge and skills in the communication of qualitative research results
- a critical and self-reflective awareness of the issues, ethics and methodological problems in qualitative psychological research