Health psychology and public health: what do we have in common and how can we work to improve health?
MSc Health Psychology students at Coventry are currently collaborating with peers on the MSc Health Psychology at the National University of Ireland at Galway, and Masters in Public Health students at DePaul University in Chicago.
The focus of this collaborative learning project is international employability, including:
- Global and local health issues and the potential role for health psychology and public health graduates in addressing these.
- Digital fluency – key skills that will enable our students become global digital citizens.
- Specific online collaboration tools, e.g. Padlet, live video conferencing, Microsoft Sway.
- The professional status and employment prospects for health psychology and/or public health graduates in our respective countries.
- Cultural and intercultural competence for health professionals.
The project is being hosted by Carol Percy and Krishna Bhatti as part of Coventry’s ‘Developing professional practice in health psychology’ module. We are delighted and very grateful to be working with faculty and students at NUIG and DePaul over the next few weeks.
#healthpsychology #publichealth #professionalism #employability #onlinecollaboration #internationalisation