OK so the exam has already taken place and this is no longer top secret, but it gives an insight into what students learn on our course. Here is the recent paper from the Long Term Conditions module. This is the only exam on the programme:
1. Critically compare two models of disability with the biopsychosocial approach taken in health psychology.
2. Evaluate the arguments for mixed-condition self-management programmes as opposed to condition-specific programmes in chronic illness.
3. Critically assess the value of patient reported outcomes as a means of evaluating health interventions.
4. What are the psychosocial issues patients typically face when they have cancer, and what self management support may help?
5. What are the psychosocial issues patients typically face when they have asthma, and what self management support may help?
6. What are the psychosocial issues patients and their carers typically face when a patient has dementia? What support might a health psychologist recommend?